You think reinforcement learning is exciting? You want to drive technological innovation with a team of researchers? Then you are the right person for us!
- Developing learned agents for e. g., assisted driving and robotics applications
- Investigating strategies for safe, inverse and/or offline reinforcement learning and combinations thereof
- Participating in cooperation projects with industry and research
- Managing project assignments and/or supervising students
- Disseminating research results in scientific publications, lectures and by attending outreach activities aimed at the general public (e. g., events, trade fairs, etc.)
What we expect from you
- A scientific degree in computer science, physics, math, or similar. A doctorate is a plus
- Experience in machine learning and deep neural networks
- Knowledge in reinforcement learning (esp. model-free methods and policy gradients)
- Programming experience in python
- Knowledge of convex optimization is a plus
- Fluent English
What you can expect from usFraunhofer is the largest application-oriented research organization in Europe. In 2019, it was distinguished as Germany’s number one employer in both the Trendence Graduate Barometer (in the “Research” and “Public sector” categories) and in the Randstad Employer Brand Research ranking.
- We value innovative ideas and pursue novel solutions. Join us to play a part in shaping the future.
- We will help you develop personalized soft skills and specialist training.
- We are a family-friendly employer. Sometimes family takes precedence – we get that.
We offer you varied and challenging work in an enthusiastic team. You can contribute with your ideas and help design new concepts. Regular training is given, as are flexible, family-friendly work arrangements.
Employment, remuneration, and social benefits are in line with the collective bargaining agreement for the public sector (TVöD). The position is initially offered as a two-year contract. Candidates with severe disabilities will be given preference in the event of equal qualifications. The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft is committed to providing equal career opportunities for men and women.
Who we are
We in the »Self-Learning Systems« group at Fraunhofer IIS combine expertise in a range of advanced machine learning topics. One of our research goals is to provide robust and safe algorithmic solutions for control and decision-making tasks for systems in complex dynamic environments. To this end, we employ deep learning in combination with reinforcement-learning techniques. These techniques are especially useful when combined with methods for reliable and interpretable artificial intelligence. We also want to explore the capabilities of adaptive quantum algorithms, so-called variational quantum circuits, for integration into our reinforcement-learning pipeline.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
Interested in joining us?
We look forward to receiving your application, which you can submit using our online application portal. Please note that we can only process complete applications (cover letter, CV, and certificates/transcripts).
|Job Reference: IIS-2020-96||Closing Date:|