with the possibility to obtain a PhD
At ScreeningPort, the Hamburg site of ITMP, we perform Discovery Research with a focus on Drug Discovery & Substance Repurposing – ITMP-SP provides a complete drug discovery capability covering all stages from target validation via small molecule screening to candidate selection. The second key aspect of our work is Biomedical Data Science – the goal of ITMP-SP is to provide solutions for the FAIR handling of research data. We design the hard- and software technical basis for open research platforms and test environments for research and industry, in which the concepts of digitalized health research and its commercial offers can be tested in practice.
Your key responsibilities
- Provide statistical and cheminformatics and data management support to Drug Discovery applications with focus on data generated during High Throughput Screening (HTS) campaigns as well as Hit-to-lead Projects
- Coordinate maintenance, support and further development of our global data evaluation platforms, German Edge Cloud, Covid19 knowledge base, GAIA-X
- Supervise development, maintenance and support of in-house compound databases workflow scripts and analysis tools
- Play a key role in the future development of Fraunhofer´s offering for digitalized medicine
- Represent scientific data management within Fraunhofer as well as with our collaborators
- Openly communicate with your team members, project leaders and members from other teams (internal and external)
What we expect from you
- Bachelor´s or Master´s degree in Life Sciences, Computer Sciences or Natural Sciences
- Experience in cheminformatics / computational chemistry and biostatistics to support HTS and Hit-to-lead projects, as well as to deliver knowledge management capabilities with Imaging Tools
- Demonstrated working experience in a scientific data management role in a drug discovery context
- Skills in Python, R, KNIME, JSON-LD, APIs: REST, SOAP, Web Scraping
- Understanding of Ontologies vs. Nomenclature, Dictionary, Thesaurus, Semantic, RDF, Persistent Identifier (PID), SQL/NoSQL, FAIR principles
- Excellent team spirit, communication, and organizational skills
- Scrum development is a plus
- The position requires fluent command of the English language, proficiency in the German language is a plus
What you can expect from us
- A position within a vigorous and exciting professional environment promoted by an open culture and a spirit of community
- A diverse, international workforce with a dynamic working environment that fosters creativity, innovations and teamwork
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
The position is initially limited to 2 year.
The working time consists of 39 hours per week.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
If you have any Questions, please contact:
Dr. Mira Grättinger
Telephone: +49 40 303764270
|Job Reference: IME-TMP-2020-20||Closing Date: 31.01.2021|