Are you keen on satellite navigation and developing embedded system software?
Then we have the right job for you!
You develop software for satellite navigation receivers and design, implement and test solutions that meet the system requirements. Further tasks are contributing to the definition of system requirements, including feedback on limitations and feasibility and carrying out engineering activities such as problem investigation, defect resolution and testing.
What we expect from you
- Degree in an engineering science or comparable education
- Extensive expertise in programming in C/C++ and Python
- Sound knowledge of Linux based systems and development tools
- Know-how in all aspects of software engineering, from requirements definition to system architecture, implementation and testing
- Knowledge in satellite navigation, geodesy, space science, digital signal processing, VHDL is advantageous
- Good communication skills in English, German is a plus
What you can expect from us
- Exiting national and international research and development projects with cutting edge technology
- Creative freedom when conducting researchChance for personal development through training and education opportunities
- Flexible hours and specific programs designed to promote a work-life balance
- Equal opportunity employment
The department Satellite Based Positioning Systems focuses on the development of receiver components and systems for satellite based localization using Global Navigation Satellite Systems – GNSS, i.e. GPS, Galileo, GLONASS and BeiDou – as well as regional systems i.e. SBAS/EGNOS, QZSS, IRNSS/NavIC.
Appointment, remuneration and social security benefits based on the public-sector collective wage agreement (TVöD).
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
This vacancy is also available on a part-time basis.
The position is initially limited to 2 years.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Would you like to work with us?
Then, we are looking forward to receiving your online application (PDF format, cover letter, CV references) by using our online application system. Please note that only complete applications can be considered.
|Job Reference: IIS-2021-2||Closing Date:|