Support us to actively shape the future of interconnected autonomous systems and intelligent collectives become reality. Contribute to enabling dependable architectures and systems comprising cloud services and embedded systems for smart automobiles, mobile machines, and production facilities (see link). More specifically, you will manage, coordinate and work in projects for safe cloud-enabled Cyber-Physical Systems. Your results will come alive in products of leading companies, and thereby you will take your part in developing a safe future. Just take a look at: https://www.iks.fraunhofer.de/en.html
What we expect from you
- Master’s degree in computer science or similar studies, preferably PhD
- Communication and cooperation skills
- Acquisition of projects and industrial experiences
- Scientific entrepreneur mindset
- Project organisation skills, agile working and customer-orientation
- Self-management and organisational skills
- Programming experience (e.g. C/C++, Java, Python, Linux, etc.)
- Preferably, knowledge in model-driven development, software engineering and/or cloud technologies
- German: Fluently in word and writing, English: good in word and writing.
What you can expect from us
- Your chance to actively shape the future within an agile organisation
- Gain insight in various industrial sectors and companies
- A unique combination of excellent science and application
- A systematic training program, which will accelerate your professional and personal development
- Flexible compatibility of private life and work (according to the TVöD – the public-sector collective wage agreement, holiday entitlement of 30 days, flexible working hours, compensatory working time, accessibility to a day care centre, holiday care for children, etc.).
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
The Fraunhofer Institute for Cognitive Systems IKS conducts applied research into the topics of tomorrow: artificial intelligence, cognitive systems and intelligent software architectures for autonomous systems. Our primary focus is safety-critical applications in the areas of Industry 4.0 and automotive, as well as mobile machines and commercial vehicles. We thus develop dependable software technologies for people. For instance, we examine how artificial intelligence can be validated so that it can be utilized even in autonomous vehicles, human-robot interaction and medical instruments. That means we’re paving the way for a dependable digital world.
If we could arise your interest, please apply exclusively through the career page on our website with all the necessary documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, and certificates).
Please address your application to
Dr. Gereon Weiß
|Job Reference: IKS-2021-8||Closing Date:|