Development of innovative quantum-communication concepts and QKD protocols
What we expect from you
- You hold an outstanding scientific university degree (e.g. master degree) in physics or electrical engineering
- in-depth knowledge of quantum physics and quantum information
- understanding of quantum communication systems, optical components (laser, modulators, photodetectors) and single-photon processing
- Modelling of optical propagation
- good programming skills (e.g., Python, Matlab, …)
- ability to model systems and design experimental setups
- considered as assets: experience in the acquisition of new projects.
We are looking for creative, highly motivated, proactive, target-oriented and analytical thinkers.
What you can expect from usYou will carry out research projects on quantum optical communications. You will take part in the design of quantum key distribution systems. Your conceptual analyses and optimization of protocols shall prepare and support the implementation of new quantum communication demonstrators. Both fiber and free-space channels are considered. You will exploit the project results for dissemination, production of intellectual property and acquisition of new research projects. We offer the possibility to work on a PhD if you do not have one.
The working time consists of 39 hours per week.
The position is initially limited for 2 years.
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
Please submit your application documents (master degree certificates, employment references, CV, etc.) via our recruitment portal. Your application cannot be considered without the relevant supporting evidence.
If you have any questions about this position, please contact:
|Job Reference: HHI-2021-13||Closing Date: 30.04.2021|