The Fraunhofer Institute for Cell Therapy and Immunology (IZI) undertakes research and develops specific solutions at the intersection point of medicine, biosciences and engineering sciences. One of our main activities involves commissioned research for biotechnological, pharmaceutical and medical engineering companies as well as hospitals, diagnostic laboratories and research facilities. The GMP Development Unit/ATMP Design is concerned with the development and optimisation of processes and methods in support of the production and quality control of medicines linked to new therapies (tissue engineering products, somatic cell therapy, gene therapy) as well as adeno-associated vectors (AAV). We have a clear vision of the direction in which our GMP Development Unit/ATMP Design needs to develop. Now it is up to you to support the team through this process.
What we expect from you
• Several years’ industrial experience, degree in a scientific discipline (biology, biological engineering, pharmaceutical) or similar field, completed doctorate
• Industrial and academic network (national and international) with proven track record in securing project funding
• Long-standing expertise in the GMP production of vectors
• High level of expertise in the development of vector cell lines, relevant upstream and downstream processes and filling/finishing processes to the benchmark for clinical studies
• Extensive knowledge of the legal foundations governing the manufacture of vectors (e.g. AMWHV, AMG, GMP guidelines)
• Profound technical and scientific knowledge, strong interest in process establishment/optimisation and GMP processes
• Experience in quality assurance and the compilation of development plans and reports
• Strong command of English at negotiating level
• Experience in managing employees
Your approach to work will be autonomous, structured and dependable in the extreme. If you are also highly motivated with outstanding organisational skills, assertiveness and the ability to keep on top of things – even under time pressure – we look forward to hearing from you. As you take leadership of an ambitious production team in the vector field, you will assume responsibility for smooth processes, project acquisition, scientific and technological prominence and internal and external networking for yourself and your team.
What you can expect from usYou will perform your tasks at the central, interdisciplinary interface of engineering, medicine and biology. In particular, the position will involve the coordination of activities aimed at the GMP process development and GMP production of biomolecules (especially vectors) within the GMP Development Unit/ATMP Design.
We also offer:
• Vocational and personal development opportunities that will allow you to indulge your interests and explore new subject areas
• Good work-life balance with flexible working hours
• Help with reconciling family and professional life
• Wide-ranging sporting options and healthcare services
• Personal development through the acquisition of new qualifications
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
If you have any specific questions on the position, please do not hesitate to contact:
Dr. Stephan Fricke
Tel.: +49 341 35536-2205 or -2242
|Job Reference: IZI-2021-18||Closing Date: 31.07.2021|