We’re taking the concert hall on the road.
Our goal is to create optimum sound quality in the car so that every passenger can enjoy music to the max. We tackle the specific auditory challenges that cars present and develop pioneering solutions for the automotive industry. Our algorithms have been integrated into production vehicles made by various premium manufacturers, where they open up new dimensions of sound and expanded convenience functions for first-class audio systems.
You create software for our new automotive audio technologies from the first customer demo to series production readiness. In the process, you pay attention to platform independence, the observance of coding guidelines, as well as the creation of suitable customer documentation. You design unit tests and carry them out. You analyze any malfunctions detected with great perseverance and carefully rectify their causes. You thus develop an understanding for the algorithms which we use and provide impulses for their further development. We are looking forward to your innovative ideas for the design of software architectures, integration concepts, and user-friendliness.
What we expect from you
- A degree in an engineering discipline, preferably in Computer Sciences or Electrical Engineering
- Good knowledge of digital signal processing
- Good knowledge of programming languages, in particular C/C++ and MATLAB
- Fundamental experience in the use of development environments such as Max/MSP or Pure Data
- German and English language skills for the work as part of an international team
The position is also suitable for career entrants with corresponding prior knowledge and relevant experience gained during work experience placements, student research projects, or theses.
What you can expect from us
- An open and friendly working environment in an international team
- Responsibilities in the area of cutting-edge audio technology
- Challenging projects with high practical relevance
- Close cooperation with large international clients
- The opportunity to increase your expertise in technological and scientific audio-related topics
- Personal growth through professional training and educational programs
- Work-life balance: flexible hours, programs that promote a balance between your personal and career life
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
We look forward to receiving your application (English or German)! Please submit it (in PDF format, including cover letter, CV and references) to: Claudia Kestler-Böhm, via our career portal, quoting reference number
Information about the institute is available online at: www.iis.fraunhofer.de
|Job Reference: IIS-2021-AME50||Closing Date:|