We’re taking the concert hall on the road.
Our goal is to create optimum sound quality in the car so that every passenger can enjoy music to the max. We tackle the specific auditory challenges that cars present and develop pioneering solutions for the automotive industry. Our algorithms have been integrated into production vehicles made by various premium manufacturers, where they open up new dimensions of sound and expanded convenience functions for first-class audio systems.
Your job will focus on porting and optimizing algorithms on digital signal processing platforms (DSP). Contribute your experience and your innovative ideas to the design of software architecture, integration concepts and quality guidelines. You will design and carry out unit tests, rigorously track down malfunctions and carefully resolve their causes. In addition, you will develop an in-depth understanding of our applied algorithms and drive forward their further development.
What we expect from you
- Degree in Engineering, preferably specializing in IT or Electrical Engineering
- Multiple years of experience in developing embedded software for audio applications, preferably in the automotive industry
- Outstanding knowledge of programming in C and MATLAB
- Skills in handling DSP platforms (both floating and fixed point), including the use of intrinsics and assemblers
- Extensive knowledge of digital audio signal processing
- Strong written and spoken English
What you can expect from us
- An open and friendly working environment in an international team
- Responsibilities in the area of cutting-edge audio technology
- Challenging projects with high practical relevance
- Close cooperation with large international clients
- The opportunity to increase your expertise in technological and scientific audio-related topics
- Personal growth through professional training and educational programs
- Work-life balance: flexible hours, programs that promote a balance between your personal and career life
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
We look forward to receiving your application! Please submit it (cover letter, CV, references) in PDF format with the reference number IIS-2021-AME51 to: Claudia Kestler-Böhm
|Job Reference: IIS-2021-AME51||Closing Date:|