Our Broadband and Broadcast Department is driving the development of new technologies for wireless communication systems. To this end, it is conducting successful research across many areas of mobile broadband communication, the Internet of Things, automotive solutions and artificial intelligence. Our mission is to transfer new concepts from basic research into application.
Future 6G technology will be key to many new technologies such as telesurgery, integrated AI-based mobile edge computing, holographic data technologies and ultra-precise real-time manufacturing. We address fundamental scientific and technical challenges to ensure, for example, higher system capacities, higher data rates, lower latencies, and improved quality of service. Particularly when it comes to using frequency bands in the terahertz range, a wide variety of solid-state physics and materials science questions remain to be answered.
Would you like to be a pioneer in driving our broad-based research and development activities with enthusiasm and leading them to success? Then we have the right job for you!
Embedded in the team of the Broadband and Broadcast Department, you will be an active driver of research activities relating to 6G. In this responsible role, your duties will essentially include ...
- identifying and driving forward topics of the future in the context of 6G
- actively networking with university and non-university R&D groups and institutions
- preparing and publishing scientific publications as well as supervising scientific dissertations and doctorates
- participating in international conferences and working groups and
- acquiring new projects and establishing new collaborations
What we expect from you
- A science degree and a doctorate in the field of communications technology, information and communications technology, or similar subject
- An established international scientific profile in the relevant subject area
- Knowledge and experience in the field of artificial intelligence (AI)
- You are outgoing and assertive
- You understand how to create common ground in international teams and when people have different interests
- Even in challenging situations, you always keep things in perspective
- Good written and spoken German and English
What you can expect from usBy working on a wide range of pioneering projects with a strong practical component, you will help shape the technology of tomorrow and beyond. We offer an open and friendly working environment and a personalized development plan tailored to your needs through our comprehensive range of further training/education opportunities. We promote your work-life balance by offering flexible working hours and various support offers that help in your balancing private life and career.
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
This vacancy is also available on a part-time basis.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application via our online application system. Your contact person: Meike Hillenbrand
|Job Reference: IIS-2021-53||Closing Date: none|