In many applications of everyday life (e.g. navigation) and critical infrastructures (e.g. energy, IT or mobile networks) Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSSs) are used as information sources of position and time. This requires receiver and antenna technologies that provide precise as well as reliable position and time information. Fraunhofer IIS develops and tests satellite navigation receivers and antennas for a wide range of applications.
Mitigation methods to suppress interferences are crucial for the design of robust receivers. Many algorithms have shown good results in software implementations. However, to allow real-time operation of the algorithms they are required to run in hardware/firmware. This project focuses on the hardware adaption of selected algorithms on FPGA-Platforms in VHDL.
You are interested in Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSSs) and you want to get first experiences in an international project?
Then we have the right opportunity for you!
- You get familiar with GNSSs receivers, interference mitigation and the VHDL development flow
- You read-up on reference algorithm (documentation available including examples in Python and Matlab)
- You implement/extend VHDL algorithms
- You do synthesis and tests with interference signals
- You will take care of the report and the documentation of the work
What we expect from you
- You are interested in Python or Matlab (reference algorithms are implemented in these)
- You have knowledge in VHDL and Signal processing, especially with Fourier techniques
- You have a basic understanding of Git
- Your knowledge with GNSSs, interference mitigation signals or Deployment with Xilinx based FPGAs is a bonus
What you can expect from us
- An open and cooperative working environment
- Collaboration in interesting and innovative projects
- Many opportunities to gain practical experience and attend seminars
- Flexibility concerning your working hours
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Please apply online for this position. Applications are possible in German and English. Please include a cover letter, your CV and your latest transcripts of records (as PDF) and quote ID number 60253-LV. Address your application to Nina Wörlein.
Please let us know how you learned about this job opportunity.
|Job Reference: 60253-LV||Closing Date:|