The "Competence Center High Performance Computing CC-HPC" develops new solutions in the HPC, AI and Big Data world based on innovative software concepts. We work together with industrial partners, supercomputer data centers as well as hardware manufacturers and cloud providers in national and international collaborations. Our research and development deals with fundamental questions, data(-infra-)structures and software concepts as well as with the practical implementation in industry-specific solutions. As a result, a number of successful products have already been developed - such as the parallel file system BeeGFS, the Global Address Space Programming Interface (GASPI), the GASPILS library or the Deep Learning Framework Tarantella.
What we expect from you
- A completed scientific university degree in Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics
- Interest in research and development in the area of system software development. This includes everything a user needs in terms of tools to successfully and quickly develop and run scalable applications on HPC/AI systems.
- Very good technical knowledge and practical experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Linux System Software development
- Distributed computing, parallel programming and parallel I/O
- Programming languages, theoretical computer science and compiler architectures
- Network Programming
- Very good programming skills in C, C++
- Experience with MPI and/or other parallel programming tools
- Good language skills in English
- Initiative and team spirit
What you can expect from usYou will be part of a dedicated, international team that researches new solutions for the HPC, Big Data and AI market and turns them into productive software. We emphasize professional software development and offer a wide range of training opportunities.
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
The remuneration is TVöD EG13 (depending on qualifications).
The position is initially limited to 3 years.
The weekly working time is 39 hours.
Fraunhofer ITWM shows an extraordinary commitment to a family-friendly working environment for its employees: Flexible working hours and parental leave, a day-care center, the possibility of a home office, organization of health days and sports activities as well as a parent-child office make Fraunhofer ITWM in Kaiserslautern an attractive employer.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Have we aroused your interest?
Then apply online by September 30, 2021 at:
Questions about this position will be answered by:
Dr. Franz-Josef Pfreundt
Dr. Rui Machado
Information about the Competence Center for HPC can be found on the Internet at:
Information about the institute can be found on the Internet at:
|Job Reference: ITWM-2021-25||Closing Date: 30. September 2021|