The Fraunhofer Institute for Additive Manufacturing Technologies IAPT in Hamburg is one of the leading institutions for the industrialization of additive manufacturing techniques. With its focus on the industrialization of additive technologies, sustainable innovations are created along the entire process chain. These range from developments at the process and material level, through the development of novel component designs and system technologies, to data processing and digitalization.
Directed Energy Deposition is an Additive Manufacturing process that employs a 6-axis industrial robot coupled with a deposition head to manufacture components in a layer-by-layer fashion. The advantage of such a system lies in the dexterity of robot that enables fabrication of components in multi-direction in a resource efficient way. However, process parameters and part building strategies needs to be developed and optimized during the design and process preparation phase for successful printing.
- Execution of process parameter optimization technique for Ti-64 material
- Development of build strategies for thin-wall aerospace structural elements
- Experimental investigation of developed residual stresses and deformation
- CAD Data preparation and robot code generation for experimental investigation
What we expect from you
- Expertise in Autodesk Inventor CAD program
- Good knowledge in MATLAB and Python
- High affinity to experimental work
- Basic knowledge and interest in AM processes, Robotics and CAD/CAM system
- Structured and independent way of working
What you can expect from us
- Interesting and exciting tasks in an innovative working environment
- Relevant practical and work experience in a rapidly growing technology
- Cooperation in a committed team with a wide range of tasks
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new Vistas.
If you are interested, please apply exclusively online with all necessary documents (cover letter, CV, certificates).
For further questions:
M.Sc. Vishnuu Jothi Prakash
Tel: +49 484010 – 630
|Job Reference: IAPT-2021-17||Closing Date: 31.07.2021|