Would you like to teach machines to understand and talk?
Join us in the exciting world of voice assistants and conversational AI.
As part of our team, you will develop a voice assistant platform (front-end and back-end) for a variety of tasks and domains. You will participate in all phases of the system lifecycle: architecture, development, and dev ops. You will integrate modules for machine learning and speech processing to enable natural conversations with the voice assistant.
The »Audio and Media Technologies« department develops world-class audio processing technology. Audio and media technologies at Fraunhofer IIS is one of the largest organizations in the world for audio and speech processing. Over 200 engineers and scientists develop first-rate audio technology which is sold world-wide, in Europe, USA, China, Korea and Japan.
In the past 25 years, Fraunhofer IIS repeatedly won international competitions in the audio and media field: e.g. with mp3 and codecs of the AAC-family.
What we expect from you
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related areas
- Practice in working with version control systems (Git) and containerization tools (Docker)
- Proficiency in designing architectures for large software components
- Ability to understand and work with existing code bases and open-source frameworks
- Capability to solve problems and express their solution a structured way
- Knowledge in some of the following fields is a plus:
- Databases (SQL, NoSQL)
- Web development (React, Redux)
- Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, Tilt
- Open-source frameworks for chatbots (Rasa)
- Natural language processing and machine learning concepts
What you can expect from us
- Opportunities to bring your ideas into life and contribute to product-ready voice solutions for our industry partners
- Involvement in diverse activities and the chance to assume responsibility within interdisciplinary teams
- An open and friendly work atmosphere
- Flexible hours and access to various services for a proper work-life balance
- Working in a vibrant research and development environment
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Have we piqued your interest?
Then we look forward to receiving your complete application (cover letter, CV, transcripts). Please submit these online with reference number IIS-2021-AME79 to Claudia Kestler-Böhm.
For more information about the institute and its products and services, please visit:
|Job Reference: IIS-2021-AME79||Closing Date:|