The Business Area Bioresources of the IME is dedicated to identifying new lead structures by using organisms as biological resource, focusing on innovative strategies for applications in medicine, agriculture and industrial biotechnology. Insect biotechnology being the actual core activity of the business area represents an emerging and globally prospering research field with enormous value-creation potential. Today the unit plays a leading role in insect biotechnology in Germany.
What we expect from you
- You have successfully completed your studies with a PhD degree in the area of biology or a comparable field
- Experience in biological and biotechnological control of pest and vector insects.
- Skills in Molecular Biology
- Experience in RNA interference
- Experience with aphids and other phloem-feeding insects
- You are an independent worker, analytical thinker and have a high degree of creativity
- A good publication record is as self-evident as a very good knowledge of English
- A very good knowledge of German is necessary
- You like to work in a multicultural, highly motivated team and are characterized by your communication skills
- You are enjoying the supervision of doctoral students and students
What you can expect from us
- Opportunity to participate in an interesting research project in application-oriented research
- Collegial collaboration in a multidisciplinary research team
- Excellent scientific infrastructure
- Close networking with academic and industrial cooperation partners
- Individual development through further qualification
The working time consists of 39 hours per week.
The position is initially limited for 2 years.
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
This vacancy is also available on a part-time basis.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
For questions about this position please contact Ms. Ricarda Doering.
Please apply directly online by clicking on the blue "Apply" button.
|Job Reference: IME-BR-2021-9||Closing Date: 05.09.2021|