Who we are ...
At the material research institute Fraunhofer Institute for Silicate Research ISC, we develop non-metallic materials for the products of tomorrow in the fields of Energy, Environment and Health. If you want to know more, check out our Homepages http://www.isc.fraunhofer.de or https://www.fzeb.fraunhofer.de.
The PhD work will be located within the Fraunhofer R&D Center for Electromobility. We examine novel electrode materials, electrolytes and other cell components including the synthesis and processing from the lab-scale up to a pre-industrial scale. The scientists in FZEB have a state-of-the-art laboratory and equipment available for the testing and analysis of battery materials, components and cells.
Your future tasks:
- Regeneration of cathode materials from recycled Lithium-Ion Batteries (Development and evaluation of regeneration processes)
- Characterization of regenerated cathode materials (ICP-OES, SEM, XRD, TGA/DTA-MS)
- Preparation of cathodes for Lithium-ion Batteries
- Electrochemical characterization of cathode electrodes in half and full lithium-ion cells
- Publication of the results in scientific (peer-reviewed) journals and presentation at national/international conferences
- Collaboration in research projects
Does it seem like a lot of responsibility? It is, but don't worry - we will support you and work together on these challenges as a team.
- Collaboration in a research team working on interdisciplinary research and third-party funded projects, whose members are highly self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to work creatively and independently
- Creative freedom for the start of your research career
- Support by our interdisciplinary team of chemists, physicists, electrical and mechanical engineers, and computer scientists
You have / You are...
- Master's degree in chemistry, or an equivalent degree
- Expertise in cathode material synthesis or inorganic synthesis
- Ideally experience in electrochemistry
- Hands-on mentality along with the ability to work independently, proactively, and are well organized
- High degree of independence and scientific initiative
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English and German
Are you interested? If so, we are looking forward to your application and to getting to meet you in person, in the best case, soon.
The position is initially a fixed term contract for 3 years.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about this position:
Mrs. Dr. Guinevere Giffin
Tel.: +49 931 4100-959
We apply the current basic data protection regulation when processing applications.
This is full-time position (39 h/week) with half salary, with 50% of the time for your PhD thesis and 50% to work on research projects as a scientist. There is no teaching requirement.
|Job Reference: ISC-2021-34||Closing Date: 15.10.2021|