Our Broadband and Broadcast Department is driving the development of new technologies for wireless communication systems. Our services include system design and analysis, waveform design and algorithm development, implementation of real-time prototypes in hardware and software, protocol design and overall system validation.
Are you interested in developing powerful communication systems in the 5G environment – from the basics all the way to production readiness?
Then we have just the job for you!
- Developing algorithms for novel communication systems such as 5G technology extensions and verification in simulation
- Implementing and testing signal processing on the software defined radio platform Open Air Interface 5G in C/C++, with focus on the physical layer
- Performance analysis of latest 5G technologies from 3GPP with the developed real-time capable prototypes and/or their components in the laboratory using a powerful channel emulator
What we expect from you
- Master's degree in the field of Communications Technology or a similar subject
- Good knowledge of 4G and 5G mobile communication systems
- Good command of English
- C Programming
- Embedded Software Development
- Version control system (git, subversion)
- Communication Systems – Physical Layer
- Lab / Field Testing
Ideally knowledge in:
- Open Air Interface
- Software Architecture Design
- Scripting Language (Perl, TCL, bash/csh)
- C++ Programming
- MATLAB for Communication Systems
- 3GPP 5G NR or LTE
The position is also suitable for those just beginning their careers with appropriate knowledge and experience from internships, their studies or dissertations.
What you can expect from usBy working on a wide range of projects with a strong practical component, you will help shape the technology of tomorrow. We offer an open and friendly working environment and a personalized development plan tailored to your needs through our comprehensive range of further training/education opportunities. We promote your work-life balance by offering flexible working hours and various support offers that help in your balancing private life and career.
This is a temporary position initially available for two years.
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
This vacancy is also available on a part-time basis.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
We look forward to receiving your application (English or German)!
Please submit it as a PDF (including cover letter, CV and grade sheets) addressed to Meike Hillenbrand, online via our career portal, quoting reference number IIS-2021-KS101.
|Job Reference: IIS-2021-KS101||Closing Date: none|