The Fraunhofer Institute for Cognitive Systems IKS conducts applied research into the topics of tomorrow: artificial intelligence, cognitive systems and intelligent software architectures for autonomous systems. Our primary focus is safety-critical applications in the areas of Industry 4.0 and automotive, as well as mobile machines and commercial vehicles. For instance, we examine how artificial intelligence can be utilized in autonomous vehicles, human-robot interaction and medical instruments to maximize the benefits of such systems whilst minimizing risks associated with the new technologies. Through our contributions, we are paving the way for a dependable digital world.
- Managing complex diaries, e-mails and meeting requests, arranging conference calls.
- Liaison, co-ordination and communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Acting as first point of contact for internal and external partners.
- Coordination of internal administrative processes, e.g.: taking some of the administrative load off the directors and department heads, e.g. publication approvals, setting up new project structures in teams, etc. and in general increasing efficiency within the institute.
- Create document and presentation templates for the science and business development departments.
- Coordination of travel arrangements, organization of business trips.
- Arrange and support workshops and visits by external and international guests and delegations, as well as supporting conference organization for the science and business development departments.
- Providing general administrative services for the team as required.
What we expect from you
- A Bachelor and experience in scientific administration.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, be adaptable and proactive.
- Excellent communication skills and a very good command of English and German.
- Solid know-how of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent organizational skills, structured, rigorous, and reliable.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Service-orientated and experience in working at a high professional standard.
What you can expect from us
- Collaboration in a varied, creative and interdisciplinary working environment with innovative areas of responsibility and an agile way of working.
- Great freedom to develop and realize ideas.
- An environment that appreciates and promotes creativity and innovative spirit
- Colleagues at the institute who respond appreciatively to your support and are happy to offer advice.
- Flexible compatibility of private life and work (according to the TVöD – the public-sector collective wage agreement, holiday entitlement of 30 days, flexible working hours, compensatory working time, accessibility to a day care center, holiday care for children, etc.).
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
If we could arise your interest, please apply exclusively through the career page on our website with all the necessary documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, certificates).
Additional questions will be answered gladly by
Prof. Dr. Simon Burton
Tel.: +49 89 547088-341
|Job Reference: IKS-2021-56||Closing Date:|