The Fraunhofer Institute for Reliability and Microintegration, IZM, is one of the world's leading institutes for electronic packaging and system-integration technologies as well as for applied research and development of robust and reliable electronic components, modules and systems. At the Fraunhofer IZM Branch Lab for High-Frequency Sensors and High-Speed Systems in Cottbus, we work on the development of miniaturized and scalable high-frequency radar sensors, proximity sensors and high-speed systems for sensing, communication (5G, 6G) and computing, specifically in the following application areas:
- Medical and Healthcare
- Hardware Security and Civil Security
- Smart Farming, Smart City and Smart Factory
We are currently looking for a Research Engineer* / Research Scientist* to work on the development of RF frontend modules of wireless communication systems in end devices and systems at our Branch Lab in Cottbus.
Your future tasks include the following:
- Design, system-level simulation (e.g. using SystemVue, MATLAB) and development of RF frontend modules (e.g. 28 GHz 5G modules)
- PCB design using Altium
- Electromagnetic field simulations using Ansys HFSS
- Test and evaluation of RF frontend modules
- Work in publicly funded and industry funded R&D projects
What we expect from you
- Scientific University degree in a technical subject such as Electrical Engineering, Physics or similar
- Experience in design and test of RF frontend modules
- Experience in PCB design using Altium or comparable tool
- Interest in performing S-parameter and radiation measurements
- Proactive mindset and a structured, goal-oriented working method
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a multinational team
- Interest in acquisition of R&D projects
What you can expect from us
- Open and collegial working environment
- Cutting-edge R&D projects with national and international partners
- State-of-the-art laboratory equipment and software tools for design, test and characterization up to 500 GHz
- Space for innovative ideas
- Wide range of opportunities for personal development, e.g. through participation in national and international conferences, workshops and advanced training seminars
- Promotion of publications to build reputation and visibility in academia and industry
- Flexible working hours and solutions to ensure the compatibility of family and career as well as a good work-life balance
- Additional performance- and profit-related variable compensation components
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
This vacancy is also available on a part-time basis.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Please apply exclusively online via our job portal.
Please include the following documents:
Cover letter, curriculum vitae, university credentials and letters of references from previous workplaces. Please note that we can only consider complete applications.
|Job Reference: IZM-2021-29||Closing Date:|