Do you believe the user experience is paramount? Do you want to liaise with the development team and serve as an ambassador for a user-centric view?
Then we have the right job for you!
You will identify user needs using user-centered design methods and translate the insights gained into the concepts and design of graphical user interfaces for AI systems. You will create interactive prototypes (using Axure or similar software tools) and support the evaluation of these through user testing. Then, communicate the findings from user research as well as the design requirements to the development team.
For over 30 years, the audio and media technologies division has been shaping the standards and technologies used worldwide in the audio and film industries. Today, Fraunhofer IIS' systems and tools for the creation, transmission and provision of outstanding audio and video content are used in several sectors, making it possible to have real-time communication with top-quality audio.
Audio and media technologies made in Erlangen, Germany, can be found in almost all computers, cellphones and consumer electronics and are used every day by billions of people all over the world.
What we expect from you
- University degree in Human-Computer-Interaction, Media Information Technology, Interaction Design, Communication Design (or a similar field), or several years of professional experience in the corresponding fields
- Experience in the entire UX design process, from identifying user needs to evaluating the implementation
- Experience in user-centered design methods, including creation of personas, defining user journeys, prototyping usability, conducting testing and holding workshops
- Excellent knowledge of how to create interactive prototypes (Axure)
- Familiarity with web technologies such as HTML5 and CSS is desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to enjoy working in an interdisciplinary team
- Fluency in written and spoken business English (C1), ideally German as well (C1) – we also offer language courses for employees
This position is also suitable for those just beginning their careers with appropriate knowledge and experience from internships, projects, their studies or dissertations.
What you can expect from us
- An open and friendly working environment in an international team
- Challenging projects with strong practical relevance that add value for society
- Cutting-edge equipment that makes for cutting-edge research
- Close collaboration with major international customers
- The chance to develop your technological and scientific expertise
- Multiple opportunities for personal development through training programs
- Work-life-balance: flexible working hours and a range of offers to help you find a balance between private and professional life
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
This vacancy is also available on a part-time basis.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Would you like to work for us?
Then, please submit your application as a PDF (including a cover letter, CV and grade sheets) addressed to Claudia Kestler-Böhm, quoting the reference number IIS-2021-AME103, via our online system.
Information about the institute is available on the internet at:
|Job Reference: IIS-2021-AME103||Closing Date:|