In our R&D projects, you will develop, implement, and evaluate innovative technologies of image processing in industry, academia, and the service sector. You will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge about machine learning and data analytics and advance your scientific career at an international level. In addition, your area of responsibility includes the further development of our internal software platform and the acquisition of public- and private-sector projects.
What we expect from you
- University degree in the life sciences (e.g., biology, chemistry, and pharmacy) or in bioinformatics / biotechnology
- Experience in the research, development, and application of computational methods
- Experience in simulating biological processes
- In-depth knowledge of biological, biochemical, and molecular biological processes
- In-depth knowledge of statistics and programming
- Willingness to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Quick comprehension and proactive solution finding
- Very good written and spoken German and English
What you can expect from usWe offer a well-equipped and innovative working environment that is characterized by a mixture of in-depth research and the application of research results in industry-relevant contexts, as well as excellent training and qualification opportunities. There is the opportunity to do a doctorate at the University of Rostock. We support your work-life balance through flexible working hours as well as various support offers for the compatibility of private life and work.
Employment, remuneration and social benefits are based on the collective agreement for the public service in Germany (TVöD). In addition, Fraunhofer can grant variable remuneration components based on performance and success.
The position is initially limited to 2 years, but long-term employment is sought.
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
This vacancy is also available on a part-time basis.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
|Job Reference: IGD-R-2021-29||Closing Date: 15.10.2021|