THEN STRENGTHEN FRAUNHOFER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AT THE ROSTOCK SITE AS A
Design the future: Four Fraunhofer Institutes are jointly building an interdisciplinary research group in Rostock. This group addresses practical research issues for future applications in underwater technologies such as offshore wind, aquaculture or marine mining. In conjunction with the Digital Ocean Lab under construction in the Baltic Sea, Fraunhofer is thus making a significant contribution to the development of Rostock into an internationally leading location for underwater technology.
According to Fraunhofer's role, the research group positions itself at the interface between research and commercial application. As head of this research group, you show entrepreneurial creativity in shaping the newly built team. You can build on extensive preparatory work and contacts in a promising topic area and actively participate in the start-up phase of the research topic.
Information about Fraunhofer's Subsea activities can be found on the Internet at: www.igd.fraunhofer.de/dol and at: subsea.fraunhofer.de
- Establishment of the research group in close coordination with the four Fraunhofer Institutes
- Management of interdisciplinary R&D projects
- Coordination of strategic alignment (markets, technologies,business models etc.)
- Collaboration with users, associations, authorities, and other stakeholders
- Acquisition of public funding and industry projects
What we expect from you
- Completed PhD in marine engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, mechanical engineering or other discipline related to subsea technology.
- Demonstrable qualification and experience in the management of research projects and teams
- Experience in acquisition of third-party funds
- Very good communication skills (German and English), an independent way of working, and the ability to work in a team
What you can expect from usWe offer a very well equipped and innovative working environment, which is characterized by a mixture of research and application of research results on industry-relevant issues, as well as excellent opportunities for further training and qualification. We support your work-life balance through flexible working hours as well as various support offers for the balance of private and professional life.
The position is initially limited to 3 years, but longer-term employment is desired. The weekly working time is 39 hours.
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
This vacancy is also available on a part-time basis.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Please apply online by 05.03.2021 at:
Questions about this position will be answered by:
Mrs. Wiebke Koball
Tel.: +49 (0) 381 4024117
Information about the institute and about Fraunhofer's subsea activities can be found online at:
www.igd.fraunhofer.de | www.igd.fraunhofer.de/dol | www.subsea.fraunhofer.de
|Job Reference: IGD-R-2021-30||Closing Date: 05.03.2021|