Who we are ...
Fraunhofer ISC combines in-depth expertise in materials science with its application in functional and sensory systems and the engineering and process know-how that builds on this. Recent developments have also resulted in a transition to automated robotic production platforms at the physical level. This is accompanied by a move toward digital information systems and data structures at the virtual level. In the Digital Transformation department, a young team bundles the institute-wide activities relating to the digitization of materials development.
Your future tasks:
- Creation and extension of ontologies
- Creation and maintenance of graph databases
- Implementation of ontology-based user interfaces
- Transfer of explicit material and process knowledge into graph databases
- Implementation of ontology-based data workflows
- Transfer of physical material and process data into graph databases
- Hybrid AI approaches combining explicit knowledge with data-driven models (machine learning)
- Publication of the results in scientific (peer-reviewed) journals and presentation on national/international conferences
Does it seem like a lot of responsibility? It is, but don't worry - we support you and work together on these challenges as a team.
- Collaboration in a dynamic and highly motivated research team working on interdisciplinary research and third-party funded projects, whose members are characterized by a strong self-motivated drive to research, an independent way of working as well as by creative scientific and engineering work
- High level of creative freedom for the start of your research career
- Application of state-of-the art and beyond computer science to real world problems
- Support from interdisciplinary experts from the fields of chemistry, biology, physics, electrical engineering, engineering, automation technology and computer science
You have / You are...
- Master's degree in science or engineering, in particular computer science / engineering
- Expertise in formalizing and structuring processes and data
- General knowledge in the field of physics, materials and chemistry
- Fundamental understanding of web technologies in general and semantic web in particular
- Strong interest in knowledge-based systems and data science
- Hands-on mentality, proactivity and well style of working
- High degree of independence and scientific initiative
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English and German
We will provide you with experts for the technical supervision. However, since we are not a computer science institute, you should ideally be already in contact with a suitable external doctoral supervisor. Otherwise, we will help you to find a suitable supervisor.
Have we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application and, in the best case, getting to know each other in person soon.
The position is initially a fixed term contract for 3 years.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about this position:
Herr Simon Stier
Tel.: +49 931 4100-661
We observe the valid basic data protection regulation when processing the application.
The full-time position (39 h/week) with half salary offers 50% of the time for your PhD thesis and 50% to work on research projects as a research associate. There is no teaching obligation.
|Job Reference: ISC-2021-33||Closing Date: 15.10.2021|