Numerical simulation and experimental analysis of sheet metal forming & laser heating processes
The Fraunhofer IPT is conducting fundamental research in the field of sheet metal forming and laser heating processes. We are looking for a dedicated and motivated student to carry out research on numerical simulation and experiment of different processes.
- Numerical modeling and simulation (e.g. sheet metal forming processes using ABAQUS)
- Output data analysis and visualization
- Experiment and measurement of the results
- Documentation of research findings
What we expect from you
- You are studying mechanical engineering, simulation sciences or a comparable subject
- Experience with FEM simulation using ABAQUS is required
- Programming skills in PYTHON or MATLAB is advantageous
- A high degree of motivation, independence and team spirit
What you can expect from us
- Ideal conditions for practical experience during your studies
- Collaboration in a dedicated team and in exciting research and industrial projects
- Excellent equipment of machines and devices
- Flexible working hours
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
We look forward to receiving your application
Sangwook Lee M. Sc.
Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technology IPT
Steinbachstraße 17, 52074 Aachen
|Job Reference: IPT-2021-185||Closing Date:|