We are one of Europe’s leaders in IC design. Our many years of design experience are supplemented by deep systems expertise in multimedia, digital communications, image processing and sensor systems. Our scientists develop solutions that flow into applications in the automotive sector, household device technology, industrial technology, data transmission, plus lifestyle and medical technology products, where they enjoy widespread use. At the core of our research and development activities is the design of predominantly analog circuits for ASICs designed for reliable data transmission via copper and fiber-optic connections in the MBd to the larger 50 GBd range as well as for complex mixed-signal SoCs.
As a member of our team of developers and researchers, your job as a hardware developer for ICs will be to specify, design and verify hardware components. You will then integrate these into a wide range of semiconductor technologies (350nm CMOS to 22/12nm FD-SOI CMOS, also SiGe BiCMOS and BCD) using state-of-the-art simulation and layout tools. In addition, you will construct prototypes and carry out metrological verifications of the circuits.
What we expect from you
- A degree in electrical engineering, physics or similar subject
- Deep knowledge of analog circuit design as well as experience working with simulation and layout tools
- Basic knowledge of circuit technology for data transmission
- Interest in developing domain knowledge or expertise and in working on specifications for projects, systems and chips
- Strong written and spoken English
- Initial project experience in analog or mixed-signal IC design
- Experience in standardization bodies, e.g. as for IEEE 802, is a plus
What you can expect from us
- Multifaceted projectswith high relevance for practical application, featuring interdisciplinary system aspects
- A broad array of design activities, ranging from developments suitable for production (fulfilling yield, QM, design-for-test requirements) to scientific prototypes of new technologies and for future applications
- An open, communicative and collegial environment throughout the institute
- Freedom to exercise a high degree of independence and individual responsibility in organizing work
- Professional development through further training/education
- A good work-life balance thanks to flexible working hours and support offers
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
This vacancy is also available on a part-time basis.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
|Job Reference: IIS-2021-106||Closing Date: none|