The department Satellite Based Positioning Systems focuses on the development of receiver components and systems for satellite based localization using Global Navigation Satellite Systems – GNSS, i.e. GPS, Galileo, GLONASS and BeiDou – as well as regional systems i.e. SBAS/EGNOS, QZSS, IRNSS/NavIC.
Are you keen on satellite navigation and developing embedded system software?
Then we have the right job for you!
You develop embedded system software for satellite navigation receivers and design and implement real-time embedded software solutions that meet the system requirements. Further tasks are contributing to the definition of system requirements, including feedback on limitations and feasibility and carrying out engineering activities such as problem investigation, defect resolution and testing.
What we expect from you
- Degree in an engineering science or comparable education
- Extensive expertise in programming in C/C++ and Python
- Knowledge of embedded systems, especially Linux-based advantageous
- Know-how in aspects of software engineering, from requirements definition to system architecture, implementation and testing
- Knowledge in digital signal processing, satellite navigation area, cryptography, VHDL is advantageous
- EU citizenship is a plus to be involved in all types of projects
- Good communication skills in English, German is a plus
What you can expect from us
- Exciting national and international research and development projects with cutting edge technology
- Creative freedom when conducting research
- Personal development through training and education opportunities
- Flexible hours and specific programs designed to realize a work-life balance
- Equal opportunity employment
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
This vacancy is also available on a part-time basis.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Have we piqued your interest?
Then please apply online – quoting the reference number IIS-2021-LV111.
|Job Reference: IIS-2021-LV111||Closing Date:|