Support us in enabling reliable and robust quantum computing for industrial applications. Contribute to realizing applications of quantum computing and quantum machine learning in the medtech sector (Link) and in the mobility sector. Help shaping the application side of the Munich Quantum Valley (Link) in collaboration with world-leading scientists. Your results will come alive in products of leading companies, and thereby you will achieve an active contribute to a safe future. Just take a look at: https://www.iks.fraunhofer.de/en.html
For qualified applicants we provide the possibility to pursue a PhD.
What we expect from you
- Master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, or similar studies.
- Specialization in quantum computing with a focus on applications or algorithms.
- Knowledge in machine learning, statistical methods and mathematical optimization is a plus.
- Programming experience (e.g. Python, C/C++, etc.).
- Communication and cooperation skills.
- Highly motivated with an independent way of working and a critical thinking mindset.
- Good language skills in German and English.
What you can expect from us
- Your chance to actively shape the future.
- A unique combination of excellent science and application.
- The possibility to pursue a PhD.
- Gain insight in various industrial sectors and companies.
- A systematic training program, which will accelerate your professional and personal development.
- Flexible compatibility of private life and work (according to the TVöD – the public-sector collective wage agreement, holiday entitlement of 30 days, flexible working hours, compensatory working time, accessibility to a day care center, holiday care for children, etc.).
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
This vacancy is also available on a part-time basis.
The Fraunhofer Institute for Cognitive Systems IKS conducts applied research into the topics of tomorrow: artificial intelligence, cognitive systems and intelligent software architectures for autonomous systems. Our primary focus is safety-critical applications in the areas of Industry 4.0 and automotive, as well as mobile machines and commercial vehicles. We thus develop dependable software technologies for people. For instance, we examine how artificial intelligence can be validated so that it can be utilized even in autonomous vehicles, human-robot interaction and medical instruments. That means we’re paving the way for a dependable digital world.
If we could arise your interest, please apply exclusively through the career page on our website with all the necessary documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, and certificates).
Technical questions will be answered gladly by
PD Dr. habil. Jeanette Lorenz, Phone: +49 89 547088-334
All other questions will be answered gladly by
Mrs. Dipl. Pol. Plesch via Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Reference: IKS-2021-59||Closing Date:|