The department Satellite Based Positioning Systems focuses on the development of receiver components and systems for satellite based localization using Global Navigation Satellite Systems – GNSS, i.e. GPS, Galileo, GLONASS and BeiDou – as well as regional systems i.e. SBAS/EGNOS, QZSS, IRNSS/NavIC.
Are you keen on satellite navigation and testing embedded system software and hardware?
Then we have the right job for you!
You design, develop, automate and conduct hardware and software test solutions/systems for satellite navigation receivers and real time positioning systems. Further tasks are contributing to the definition of system requirements, including feedback on limitations and feasibility and carrying out engineering activities such as problem investigation, defect resolution and deriving potential improvements for our next generation GNSS receiver systems.
What we expect from you
- Degree in an engineering science, computer science or comparable education
- Extensive knowledge of Python or other programming languages
- Sound knowledge of embedded systems, especially Linux-based
- Experience in test driven design, development and test automation of complex hardware and software real time positioning systems
- Knowledge in geodesy, positioning systems, space science, digital signal processing, VHDL is advantageous
- EU-Citizenship is a plus to be involved in all types of projects
- Good communication skills in English, German is a plus
What you can expect from us
- Exciting national and international research and development projects with cutting edge technology
- Creative freedom when conducting research
- Personal development through training and education opportunities
- Flexible hours and specific programs designed to realize a work-life balance
- Equal opportunity employment
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
This vacancy is also available on a part-time basis.
Have we piqued your interest?
Then we look forward to receiving your complete and compelling application (PDF, including cover letter, CV, and grade sheets) addressed to Luca Prietz, online via our career portal, quoting reference number IIS-2021-LV114.
|Job Reference: IIS-2021-LV114||Closing Date:|