Data analytics is your passion and you would like to take on project responsibility?
Then applied research in our motivated team could be a good fit for you!
We are looking for someone dedicated to applied research in Machine Learning, specifically in the areas of semi-supervised learning and automated learning. As part of our team, you will conceptualize, design, and implement machine learning pipelines and systems in real-world use cases. In addition, you will provide technical support in the acquisition of new projects, take on project responsibility and collaborate with both industry partners and public funding agencies. This task is rounded off by the possibility of scientific publication.
What we expect from you
- Completed scientific master's degree or doctorate with an emphasis on technical or scientific topics (e.g. computer science, statistics, business informatics, mathematics, physics, ...)
- Good knowledge in Python and ML-related frameworks (pytorch, scikit-learn, …)
- Good theoretical and applied knowledge in Machine Learning and statistics
- Excellent knowledge in written and spoken English and German
- Experience in software development, DevOps and/or MLOps beneficial
- Strong social skills, especially team spirit, initiative and sense of responsibility
What you can expect from us
- We take your needs seriously: We support the best possible work-life balance through time flexibility and hybrid working.
- A committed, friendly and collegial team in which you can contribute your own ideas and have creative freedom.
- An extensive research network with universities, other research institutions and industry partners.
- Diverse and fascinating projects to develop and apply state-of-the-art methods in ML in research and industry.
- Dedicated time for personal and professional development (seminars, conferences, workshops, etc.).
The DEAL group at Fraunhofer IIS is part of the »ADA Lovelace Center for Analytics, Data and Applications« and works closely with the chairs of Statistical Learning and Data Science as well as Database Systems and Data Mining at Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich. We have a strong focus on Machine Learning (ML) - in particular on reducing the manual configuration effort in ML development through Automated Learning as well as cost reduction for data collection through Semi-Supervised Learning. In collaboration with experts from academia, we apply these methods in cooperation with leading companies from industry.
The position should be filled as close to full time as possible. Please indicate in the application how many hours you would like to work. Appointment, remuneration and social security benefits based on the public-sector collective wage agreement (TVöD). In addition, Fraunhofer may be able to grant performance and success-based variable compensation components. In case of identical qualifications, preference will be given to severely disabled candidates. We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender. The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality. Suitable candidates have the opportunity to start or complete a PhD. The duration of this position is limited to 2 years.
Then please submit your application (cover letter, curriculum vitae, and references in PDF) online quoting reference number IIS-2021-SCS136.
|Job Reference: IIS-2021-SCS136||Closing Date:|